what is business analysis?
Business analysis is the discipline of identifying business needs and determining solutions to business problems. These solutions may include improvement of business processes, accommodating/incorporating new processes or strategic planning and policy development. The person who performs this role of identification and determination is called a business analyst or BA.This role has emerged with evolution of software engineering and raise of RUP (Rational Unified Process) to mitigate risk in project management. Clients do not have the time to make the technical team understand how business operations, processes, compliances and competitors work; nor does the project manager have time to make business people understand how technology worked. This position of a BA actually fills this gap, to make the project successful. A professional with domain knowledge (finance, healthcare, service industry, manufacturing or FMCG) can work as a Functional Business Analyst and the technical team (IT, Engineering and systems) can work as Business Analyst/ Technical Analyst / Systems Analyst.
A Software Business Analyst is a hybrid IT/Business professional much in demand but scarce in availability. A Software Business Analyst advises organizations to follow best practices, helps in building appropriate solution strategies, provides solution assessment & validation etc. A well trained and an experienced Software Business Analyst is an indispensable asset to an organization. IBAT conducts an innovative Software Business Analysis Program within the reach of every one interested.. You can enrol and complete this program alongside your current job, education or any other full time activity Upon completion of this program you will obtain distinct Certification, Skill and Career benefits for your entire life. In fact skills and wisdom gathered in the area of Software Business Analysis will fast track your career now and make you “Competent” in the future. The IBAT’s Software Business Analysis Program is a practical, dynamic program with an up-to-date coverage.
This program caters to the ever increasing industry demand of Software Business Analysts and moulds the participants to become exceptional professionals in this area. This program is ideal for experienced and aspiring IT/Software professionals or any Domain specialist who wish to acquire Software Business Analysis Skills and Certification.
The full program comprises of Three modules and a 32 hours virtual training, spread across 2 weeks on Saturdays and Sundays.
Benefits of Business Analysis Skills
Business Analysis is one of the most robust and in demand skill compared to the other skills, Following are the points which make Business Analysis unique and most sought skill among professionals.
- It is technologically independent.
- Having penetration to all the business domains.
- Offer better risk management and future planning to the organizations.
- Have a critical role to play in global offshore delivery model.
- Unlike of technical skills, it is functional in nature and does not have dynamic nature, i.e.
- Whatever you learn today, it is going to help you throughout your life, but technology changes in every 6 months.
- As its nature is more business related so pay and perks are always on higher side than technology jobs, provide better job security, as in case of economic slowdown the role of Business Analysis team becomes more critical.
- Growth path is fastest, because nature of the job is Managerial.
- Gives better job satisfaction as one is involved in core analysis concepts and out of box thinking is always appreciable in this, and whatever you learn you apply in real time.
Benefits to the individual may include:
- Competence in the principles and practices of business analysis.
- Participation in a recognized professional group.
- Recognition of professional competence by professional peers and management.
- Advanced career potential due to recognition as a professional business analysis practition